Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
Mississippi Museum of Natural Science: The “Escape to the Southeast 2014 Travel Attraction of the Year”!
The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, a near-magical place for children and adults alike, is located in the heart of the LeFleur Museum District in Jackson, the state’s capital city. The Museum is tucked within historic LeFleur’s Bluff State Park - an ideal location for a museum whose mission is focused on the promotion and protection of Mississippi’s natural landscape and its inhabitants. The Museum gives families the opportunity to engage and learn while having fun!
|Mississippi Museum of Natural Science | Escape Aquarium|
Exciting and educational activities such as popular creature features and SCUBA diver fish feedings are offered weekly at the Museum. Monthly lectures address a variety of natural science topics that compliment current exhibitions and Museum programming. We offer numerous yearly special events that are perfect for the whole family. Visit and make special memories while learning something new!
|Mississippi Museum of Natural Science|
Enjoy all the great things our Museum offers everyday:
• 300 acres of beautiful natural landscape within LeFleur’s Bluff State Park
• 100,000 gallon aquarium network housing over 200 living species
• 30,000 square feet of exciting life-size displays and permanent exhibits
• Over 800,000 scientific plant and animal specimens
• 1,700 square foot greenhouse called “The Swamp”
• 2.5 miles of walking trails, a Native Plant Garden, and open-air amphitheater
• Unique gifts and Mississippi made items in the Dragonfly Gift Shoppe
• Exciting short film in the Rotwein Theater featuring a volunteer’s journey through the Museum
• Preschool Discovery Room with sliding pond tree
Click here for a complete calendar of events.
Special exhibits in 2015 include:
Dinosaurs: Land of Fire and Ice
January 31, 2015 – May 3, 2015
Encounter touchable dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes and investigate clues about what the dinosaurs left behind! Click here for more details.
Wolf to Woof: The Story of Dogs
May 30, 2015 – January 3, 2016
The largest and most comprehensive traveling exhibition ever created on the history, biology, and evolution of Dogs comes to the Southeast's Best Attraction! Click here for more details.