Chef John Folse's Shrimp Remoulade
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Creole mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 dozen 21-25 count boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients, whisking well to incorporate the seasonings.
- Once blended, cover and place in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- A minimum of four hours will be required for flavor to be developed.
- When ready, remove from refrigerator and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place six shrimp on a leaf of romaine or other colored lettuce and spoon a generous serving of remoulade sauce on top of the shrimp.
- Do not sauce shrimp prior to service, as they will lose their firm texture.