Blue Cheese & Shrimp Cheese Bread
Servings: Serves 6
- 12-inch French bread loaf
- Fresh garlic
- Paprika, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- Celery salt, to taste
- 1 cup small boiled shrimp
- Blue cheese of your choice
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese or Italian cheese blend
- Halve the French bread lengthwise.
- Lightly toast or grill the bread.
- Rub freshly cut garlic over the surface of the bread.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cayenne and celery salt, to taste.
- Evenly distribute shrimp over each half of the bread.
- Crumble blue cheese over bread.
- Top with provolone or Italian cheese blend.
- Bake in 350°F oven or toaster oven, or heat on grill until cheese is bubbly, browned and melting.
- Cut each half into three pieces.
- Serve hot.
*August 2005 Louisiana Cookin' Magazine