Servings: Makes 1 - 50
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 tsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Combine all ingredients and bring to soft ball stage (238-240), stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens, becomes creamy and cloudy, and pecans stay suspended in mixture.
- Spoon out on buttered wax paper, aluminium foil or parchment paper. Makes 1 to 50 pralines, depending on size. When using wax paper, be sure to buffer with newspaper underneath, as hot wax will transfer to whatever is beneath.
* Recipe courtesy from the Commissioner of Tailgating: Joe Cahn (a New Orleans Native)