Servings: Serves 2 - 4
- 2 lbs. large, whole fresh shrimp
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 6-10 cloves unpeeled garlic, mashed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Place all ingredients except wine into a large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat for fifteen to twenty minutes or until the shrimp are pink and the liquid produced by the shrimp has almost completely disappeared.
- Stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add the wine.
- Cook at a low simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about five to seven minutes.
- Serve the shrimp hot with the pan juices.