Banana Split Pie
Servings: 12 to 16
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 5 ripe bananas, cut crosswise into 1/2–inch slices
- 1 15½-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ pint heavy cream, beaten until soft peaks form
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 16-ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Put the pecan halves in a food processor or an electric blender and process to make a fine pecan meal.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecan meal, and butter in a mixing bowl and mix well. Press the mixture onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in another mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until completely blended.
Spread this mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, spread the sour cream over the cream cheese mixture, and bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
When cool, layer the bananas over the sour cream, spread on the pineapples, and then spread the whipped cream evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and the cherries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.