- 1 lb high quality dried or fresh pasta
- ½ cup toasted, coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened salted butter
- 2 tablespoons black or white truffle oil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for shaving
Cook pasta to al dente following package directions. Retain ½ cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta. Add pasta to a large serving bowl or original cooking pot. Add butter and toss thoroughly. Add enough cooking water to create a creamy consistency. Add macadamia nuts and truffle oil. Toss thoroughly. Serve with large shards of Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.