The Visit North Carolina team participated in an exercise for its major tourism conference in 2019, where each staffer indicated a “first” they’d like to experience in North Carolina in 2020. Here’s what they listed.
Mark Shore (left), director of tourism marketing for Visit NC, said his “first” for this year was to drink wine with a llama at Divine Llama Vineyards in East Bend, N.C. – and he did it!
- Kathy Prickett: To rappel down a waterfall
- Marlise Taylor: To hike the Appalachian Trail
- Heidi Walters: To visit all NC state parks – just 10 to go!
- Wit Tuttell: To complete the North Carolina Historic Barbecue Trail – just four to go!
- Guy Gaster: To see a whale during winter migration
- Andre Nabors: To go deep-sea fishing
- Suzanne Brown: To see as many minor league baseball parks as possible
- Eleanor Talley: To take her boys on the Ocracoke passenger ferry
- Dana Grimstead: To complete the Surry Sonker Trail
- Chris Chung: To visit the Frying Pan Shoals platform
- Nick Parker: To take the kayaking course at the U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Amanda Baker: To explore more of Western North Carolina
- Hayes Norris: To take a baby goat yoga class
- Adam Glaser: To rappel down a waterfall